To place a hold on a book, you must have your library card and your PIN. If you don’t know your 4-digit PIN, call or stop by the circulation desk and a staff member will look it up for you.
- Go to the LINKcat catalog
- Find the material you are interested in by searching the Author, Title, or Keyword field
- Once you have the record open, click on Request Item.
- Enter your barcode (the long number on the back of your library card) and PIN.
- Click Login.
- Select the location of the library you would like to hold your material.
- Click on Request.
- You will be notified by phone or e-mail when your material arrives.
- Wisconsin law prohibits the release of information from patron records to anyone, with the exception of parent/legal guardian, unless prior written permission has been given.
- Borrowers who wish to allow others to pick up materials being held in their name must first sign an Authorization Form before the Library will release the materials.
- Authorization Forms may be picked up at the Library. Alternatively, you may print them off from the link below:
- Holds authorization forms (pdf)