To provide a Lasting Gift to the Library the Rosemary Garfoot Public Library Board of Trustees established an Endowment Fund in 2014. This fund was created to encourage private donations and bequests to further the excellence of the library’s service program. A contribution to the Endowment Fund is a unique opportunity for you to help ensure that high-quality library service continues to be a Cross Plains hallmark.
Choose Your Method of Giving
- A gift of cash, securities, or property for immediate or future use by the library.
- A bequest in your will or living trust to the library endowment fund.
- Beneficiary designations of life insurance or retirement proceeds.
- Gifts with retained income for yourself and others.
Unrestricted gifts enable the Library to consider its needs and to direct earnings from these gifts where they are most needed.
A gift to the Rosemary Garfoot Public Library Endowment Fund can provide substantial tax savings to the donor which, in effect, reduces the cost of the gift. Here are some examples:
- Savings in income taxes by gift of cash, security or property made during this fiscal year.
- Savings in inheritance and gift taxes, testamentary trusts or gifts or living trusts.
- Savings in capital gains taxes when gifts of appreciated securities or other property are made.
Be sure to confer with your tax advisor or legal counsel to see whether a gift of this type may be of advantage to you.
Madison Community Foundation
The Madison Community Foundation, a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization, invests all funds on behalf of the Rosemary Garfoot Public Library Endowment. For over 60 years, the Madison Community Foundation has managed funds,; including endowment funds, raised for charitable purposes in the Dane County area. The Madison Community Foundation’s reputation for prudent investment at relatively low costs insures that more funds are available to enhance the Rosemary Garfoot Public Library.