Are you wondering if your child will ever become potty trained? Do you need a children's book that will help explain adoption to your child? Maybe it's time for that talk about "the birds and the bees" with your preteen. Or perhaps you are trying to heal from hurts you suffered in your childhood.
There's one section at the Rosemary Garfoot Public Library that can help you find answers to all of these issues and many many more. It's our wonderful Parent Zone Collection and you can find it right in the Children's Section of the library. Space-wise it might be small, but it's packed with resources for all aspects of family life. Below are additional subjects and materials located in this section. Stop by and check them out!
- Choosing books for children, growing readers, reading readiness
- Parenting, single parenting, step parenting, surviving parenting
- Families in Crisis- abuse, alcoholism, depression, divorce, drugs
- ADD, ADHD, and other learning disabilities
- Raising positive kids, confident learners, healthy children
- Grief- illness and death of family members, pets, religious aspects
- Siblings, new siblings, sibling rivalry
- Teens-peer pressure, grades, drugs and alcohol, sexual issues, rebellion and more!