President: Tom Gross
Treasurer: Martha Brunner
The Friends of the Cross Plains Public Library is a community support group with members from the village and surrounding areas. The Friends work with the library staff and library board to enhance and improve library service to the community.
Friends are people—people of all ages from all walks of life—who believe the public library is a valuable asset in the development of their community; its culture, its citizenry and especially its youth.
The Friends of the Cross Plains Public Library encourage you to participate by becoming a member. You can make our library better by becoming a Friend.
Won't you join us?
(Officers are elected at an annual meeting in the spring. Several planning meetings are held throughout the year.)
Friends May Enhance the Library by Participating in Five Areas:
Sponsor special adult and/or children's programs, especially during Children's Book Week and National Library Week, Story Time.
- Raise funds for special purposes
- Supplement special items for the library
- Offer to help with projects
- Assist with library program
- Assist with library tasks
- Promote community awareness
- Publicize library events and services
- Support the library budget at public hearings
Protecting the Freedom to Read:
- Support the library's efforts to furnish information on all sides of an issue
The Friends encourage you to participate by becoming a member.
Individual - $5
Family - $10
Lifetime Membership - $40